Friday, February 21, 2014

Bright Math Ideas Blog Hop


Hey everyone!  I'm so excited to be part of this blog hop!  I'm always looking for fresh ways to boost achievement and instill a love of math in my students.  In my classroom, games are always a GREAT way to accomplish both of those goals!  

The cool thing about kindergarten is that, you can call just about any activity a "game" - and they believe you!!  :)  Hook, line, and sinker.  Especially if dice, mini erasers, or spinners are involved!!



I discovered last year how much my students absolutely ADORE spinner games!  
I think just about every teacher knows the pencil & paperclip spinner trick.
However, I found awesome transparent spinners online that my students LOVE!!
You can get a set of 10 spinners for just $7.95...that's cheaper than the Dollar Spot!!  ;)

We use our spinners all - the - time.  Seriously.  Like, I'm always afraid we're going to wear out the poor spinners, but they are really durable!!  We use them a lot with our math curriculum, but my students started requesting more spinner "games" to play during centers.  So, I happily obliged.  :)

You can pick up a FREE sample of my new Love Bunny Addition & Subtraction Spinner Games below - this game has been a huge hit with my kids!  If you're anything like me, we had so many snow days and days off school that I'm still getting some mileage out of my Valentine centers!  Hope you can, too!! 
Note:  This link is to a paid product -- the FREEBIE is included in the product preview!  
It will only be a available for this weekend, so don't miss out!!

I'd love for you to leave me a comment letting me know how you make math more fun!!
Thanks for stopping by!!  

Click the picture below to hop on over to the next stop on the Blog Hop!


Freebie Fridays

7 comments:

  1. What you said about kindergarten and games made me laugh, Amy .. so true! Throw in a spinner and dice and they're up for anything you say!
    Thanks for sharing your freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! My students will do anything if I put some manipulatives in front of them. Too bad I don't have more time to do this! I think I will make time this week after reading this! Thanks for the reminder.
    Pam
    Visit me at Teaching By The Sea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...