Saturday, April 20, 2013

Five for Friday and a FREEBIE!

It's time for...
fiveforfriday

1. You never realize how much you depend on something until it's gone.  Like my cell phone.  It's gone KAPUT...but I'm not eligible for a phone upgrade until June 1st.  {sigh} My phone did an automatic "update" about a month ago and it hasn't worked right ever since.  It only works when it's plugged into a charger...which basically renders it a landline.  I sure hope June 1st comes quick!!

2. Yesterday was a our District's annual "Spring Symposium" Professional Development day.  Teachers and instructional coaches from the district present sessions on various topics and you can pick which sessions to attend!  :)  I love "Choose your own Adventure" PD!!  I was able to attend sessions on Writing Workshop in Kinder, the "Language Experience Approach" for emergent readers, Poetry in Kindergarten, and "Coring Up" kindergarten curriculum.  Lots of new ideas!!  LOVE!!

3. I found out this week that I won't have my own classroom next year.  :(  We are adding another full-day kindergarten, so the AM teacher and I will share a room.  I'm trying to have a super-positive attitude about it.  She is AMAZING...I call her classroom "Kindergarten Wonderland".  I know I will learn soooo much from her!  So, we're putting our heads together and trying to figure out how to make it work.  Any of you ever had to share a room before?
I'm hoping we feel like this...
not this...
LOL!!

4.  I learned about the Book Creator app at our Symposium yesterday.  It makes me *wish* I had an iPad!!  If you have one, you should check it out!  

5.  Earth Day is Monday!  :)  Here's a fun little FREEBIE for you.  

Be sure to check out these fun Earth Day literacy stations, too!!



Freebie Fridays

...a  little late!

If you teach kindergarten, you don't want to miss this giveaway!
Hillary, over at Rockin' Teacher Materials, is giving away a free pass to attend the I Teach K! kindergarten conference is VEGAS this summer!!  And, you get to bring a friend if you win!  :)
(click the picture to head over to her blog and get yourself entered)


Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amy! I found you through the Kansas blogger link-up. I would love a choose your own professional development day! Our district tries to do that in the spring, but it only includes technology sessions and they don't seem to change the choices from year to year. Sounds like you got some great ideas!

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great freebie! Thanks for sharing! Cell phone battery...SOOOO true!! LOL:) Just found you through Doodle Bugs! I'm so glad!
    Amanda
    Mrs. Richardson's Class

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had to share a room with 3different teachers over the years....but we were full day. We had to seperate our kiddos for reading, math and writing and then we team taught the rest. It was all about compromise on decor and set up. It was nice when I shared with others that were detail orientated. I will admit to fixing borders on bulletin boards after one of my not so detail orientated partner was gone for the day. It would have bugged me all year. But I am OCD that way! I did learn a lot by doing it! Good luck!

    Sarah
    Clearly Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...